Part-Time Program Support Staff
Overview: Comfort Cases is seeking a Part-time Program Support Staff, approximately 17.5 hours/week, to assist the organization in fulfilling its mission to inspire communities to bring dignity and hope to youth in foster care. The Program Support Staff will assist in ensuring that weekday evening and Saturday afternoon Center operations run smoothly including volunteer open hours, scheduled groups, and donation drop off. The position involves receptionist and clerical duties. Comfort Cases reserves the right to split this position into two staff at 9 hours/week.
About Us: Comfort Cases’ mission is to inspire communities to bring dignity and hope to youth in foster care. Comfort Cases provides critical support to children entering the foster care system. Comfort Cases provides a backpack or duffel bag filled with new comfort and essential items that youth can keep and call their own. The cases have pajamas, a soft blanket, toiletry kit, dental hygiene kit, a book, an activity, and a stuffed animal. We seek to provide these essential personal items so that youth entering foster care have a sense of dignity, hope, and comfort during a time of crisis. Since 2013, Comfort Cases has impacted the lives of over 40,000 youth entering foster care in 39 states plus DC and Puerto Rico. You can find out more about Comfort Cases by visiting our website at www.comfortcases.org
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to and effectively communicate Center policies and procedures
- Be aware of Center’s schedule, including groups and volunteers, and use available resources to acquire information as needed (i.e. Google Community Calendar, Google Drive, Gmail)
- Greet and provide a warm welcome to all walk-in Center guests
- Provide direction to groups and volunteers as needed
- Accurately address inquiries about the Center and Comfort Cases’
- programs and services/activities. Research unfamiliar information when necessary.
- Manage walk-in donors and process incoming in-kind donations by ensuring the donation acknowledgement form is completed and copied
- Manage volunteers by ensuring they sign-in
- Serve as point person for group leaders and front desk volunteers. Serve as their back-up when unavailable.
- Open and close the Center following appropriate procedures as applicable
- Maintain front reception/entrance area
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Be responsible, punctual, flexible, hard‐working, ethical, and committed to the mission of Comfort Cases
- Possess a high level of organizational skills and be detail oriented
- Possess solid oral and written communication skills
- Be able to juggle multiple tasks
- Be skilled at a variety of computer skills, e.g., Google for Nonprofits, Microsoft Word, Excel, & PowerPoint
Hours: Approximately 17.5 hours/week; Monday-Thursday from 5:30-8:30 PM & Saturday from 11:30 AM-4 PM OR 2 Positions at 9 hours/week
Location: Comfort Cases National Center, 15825 Shady Grove Road, Suite 60, Rockville, MD 20850
Application Instructions: Please submit your application via email to Tony Bonetti at email@example.com, subject line: “YOUR NAME - Application for Program Support Staff”. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Please indicate if you are open to splitting the position with another person at 9 hours/week.
Application Deadline: September 12, 2018